Our client is the best-in-class partner for complex, secure communications. A company that is trusted, responsive, expert and human, our client delivers premier technology-driven solutions to more efficiently and accurately communicate mission critical content. Built on what today's business demands and tomorrow's business requires, our client provides a responsive partnership, rooted in deep market expertise, modern agile solutions built around business needs, and a commitment to forward-thinking technology that ensures speed, precision, and accuracy.
Summary of the Position:
The Chief Product Officer (CPO) will be a member of our client’s Executive Leadership Team and will report to the President. The CPO is accountable for creating an end-to-end product experience and defining the product strategy. In this role, the CPO will reimagine the approach to product development and establish a customer-driven and product-led mindset that is focused on enhancing the customer experience and driving value to the organization. The CPO will lead the product development function and partner with specialized teams including; Sales, Service, Marketing, and Engineering to discover and introduce new products and refine and enhance existing products, further enhancing the customer experience.
The successful candidate will be a champion for a customer and product-led mindset across the organization balanced with a standard for customer-driven agile innovation. This role will define and drive the approach to product management, with a focus on creating metrics that will guide decision making all while maintaining the utmost level of security and trust, consistent with our culture and brand promise.
In this role, the CPO will engage directly with external and internal customers – creating a presence within the industries for which we serve and discovering new or adjacent industries. This includes; defining processes, tracking and evaluating industry trends, creating competitive offerings, driving product planning and development priorities, developing and retaining documentation, participating in customer beta testing and launch activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team of product development professionals who oversee the global product portfolio within the company
- Evangelize a customer-driven, product-led mindset across the organization
- Transform user experience by ensuring product experiences drive value and are intuitive, simple, and user friendly
- Create product metrics for developing and building a measurement framework to inform product decision- making
- Establish product roadmaps, prioritization matrices and methods, product vision and strategy materials, concept briefs, etc.
- Work closely with product, engineers, sales, marketing, service, and operations to create and define the 5-year product roadmap
- Manage executive and stakeholder alignment
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 15+ years leadership experience in product management
- 10+ years of people leadership experiences, including leading through influence and/or other leaders
- Demonstrated success in taking products from discovery to execution, producing measurable business value
- Track record of success in driving culture change and mind-set shifts
- Passion for learning and innovation, balanced by business needs and customer requirements/expectations
- History in navigating complex organizations and creating cross functional teams that are skilled in collaboration across all levels of the organization
- Prior experience with creating and managing budgets and ROI’s
- Possess a knowledge and understanding of an agile product management process
- Strong leadership and motivational skills - responsive and flexible
- Ability to think strategically one minute and execute tactical details the next
- Effectively operates within company cultural values
- Is an authentic leader who values coaching, mentoring, and developing others
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and judgment
- Demonstrated results in making quick and at times difficult decisions/link
- Understand financial management and is a business thinker
- Effective collaboration and networking across departments and networks, an influencer at all levels
- Working knowledge and application of technical SaaS methodologies, processes, and procedures
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strategic thinker who can also execute on tactics
- Exceptional communication skills and can successfully adapt communication style to that of the audience
- Possesses executive presence
- Ability to travel as necessary to support the business, including internationally
- MBA or other advanced degree, preferably in business or marketing, strongly preferred
- Industry thought leadership in either financial services or non-durable manufacturing
- International/Global business experience
- Repetitive Motion: Substantial movement/motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Sitting: The body is supported by buttocks and back and, employee needs to remain seated for extended periods of time
- Walking: Moving about on foot to travel and accomplish tasks, including long distances or site to site
- Vision: Visual acuity is required to view a computer terminal
- Cognitive Functioning: The ability to function cognitively is required
Our client is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified individuals, including qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans, are encouraged to apply.
If you need a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application process due to a disability, please contact Work&Partners directly.